Lead Analyst Programmer
Location: Cape Town
Salary: R624k to R720k per year
The key objectives of the Lead Analyst Programmer are to facilitate, develop and implement multi-disciplinary cross-functional data projects and to provide support to the business in respect of company’s existing data capabilities.
The role requires extensive involvement in all phases of the agile development lifecycle, from analysis and development through to testing and deployment.
Key Result Areas
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Partner with the investment boutiques and professional partner teams to scope business requirements and identify where data can have the greatest impact from a BI perspective
- Facilitate the development & implementation of multi-disciplinary cross-functional BI projects
- Provide support to the business in respect of company’s existing BI capabilities
- Effective planning and prioritising of multi-disciplinary cross-functional BI projects.
- Assist with solution design and implement best practices from a solution development perspective.
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress through regular, effective communication.
- Collaborate with data owners to increase BI reporting capabilities
- Develop against company’s Data Architecture reference model, Data Spectrum and Taxonomy.
- Liaise with stakeholders to coordinate data sources, eliminate duplication, while focusing on data quality and reliability in BI models
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Management and/or Business Analysis or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ BI development experience with a proven track record of implementation of complex projects related to information management.
- Experience of at least 3 years in asset management or 5 years in financial services.
- Working knowledge of financial instruments, investment processes and industry terminology.
- Business Process Analysis & Design (preferable)
- Project Management experience (preferable)
- Exposure to data architecture roles (advantageous)
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence, PowerBI, C#, Team Foundation Server, CRM Dynamics, SharePoint, and Metadata Management software (advantageous)
- Ability to manage relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Ability to handle complaints, resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dynamic, flexible and able to work in a fluid environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Advanced analytical, reasoning & numerical aptitude
- Independent critical thinker able to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions
- Initiating demeanour taking prompt action to accomplish objectives by being proactive
- High stress tolerance
- Attention to detail
- Ownership, responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks
- Gain commitment using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans