|Position: IT/ PROJECT MANAGER
|Location: Isithebe / Ballito
|Reporting to: Financial Manager
- Strong emphasis will be placed over the 12 month period on project management of their MS Dynamics ERP implementation.
- The IT/Project Manager is responsible for establishing the company’s IT technical vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development.
- As manager of information communication technology, he/she plays an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Responsibilities include: leading the execution of technology strategy and technology platforms, partnerships and relationships.
- Provide the technical vision in an alignment with and to complement the business vision.
- Align the local IT direction with that of the Group.
- Advises all senior managers on business decisions that involve technology decisions.
- Engage with senior management around innovations to build the company as a leader in integrated innovation management through the use of technology.
Monitor and assess new related technologies as they appear on the market
- On-going proactive and planned research and development into technologies to support the company’s product and services.
- Assess the merit of unsolicited proposals brought to the company for a technology perspective.
- Provide support to departments around product and service technological innovation.
- Initiate activities and policies that create useful technologies that server the users and accelerate their functions.
- Direct and manage the computing and information technology strategic plans to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Ensure the computing and information technology infrastructure capabilities are responsive to the needs of the company’s growth and objectives.
- Develop and establish operating policies and approaches for computing and information technology.
- Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommended enhancements.
- Ensure the security of the information systems, databases, network communication lines and equipment.
- Ensure that the ERP system meets the company’s requirements and have the knowledge to develop the system further.
- As IT manager, take responsibilities for shaping the company’s IT operations to realise the vision and strategic direction.
- Schedule and Programme work.
- Deal with and manage Subcontractors.
- Manage costs
- Complete projects in time and on budget.
- Ensure that all service delivery agreements are met.
- Ensure that processes to ensure procurement are done correctly and on time.
- Ensure contract implementation and performance reporting to management.
- Manage IT Technician
- Conduct performance reviews respectively
- Ensure time and attendance of the departments’ employees
- Develop and implement optimal organisational structure within IT.
- Identify training needs for staff in the department.
- Inform direct reports of organisational development on a regular basis.
- Manage IT deliverables.
Internal Key Relationships:
- Managing Director
- admin staff
External Key Relationships:
- IT department
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent
- Strong communication skills.
- Analysis and problem solving
- Strategic formulation and implementation
- Influencing and collaborative skills
- Effective verbal and written presentation
- Data analysis
- IT facilities / asset management
- Change management
- Project management
- Integrity and honesty
- Strategic thinking
- Organising and prioritising
- Decision making
- Building a vision
- Developing relationships
- Networking and collaboration
- An Activator
- Knowledge on hardware and software infrastructure
- Knowledge in manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of general industry standards