Position: Senior Developer
(Dynamics AX 2012 and/or C#, .Net, SQL)
Location: Braamfontein, Johannesburg
Contract Duration: 2 Years Fixed Term Contract
Leave: 20 Days per Year
Max R80k pm
The above vacancy exists within the IT Systems department of the Information Technology Division.
The successful candidate would:
- Have successfully completed Matric.
- Have completed a post-Matric qualification in programming or IT related degree.
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional development experience using object-orientated languages and relational databases.
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional development experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional development experience with C# or Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Ideally have professional development experience in any of the following areas; .Net, Front End Technologies, Web based applications.
The suitable candidate’s duties and responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing software and data development / configuration in accordance with established development, testing and implementation tools and procedures.
- Designing software application changes based on provided specification to company standards, best practises and within acceptable performance criteria.
- Maintaining and modifying software applications, by obtaining approval, amending documentation, making application changes and carrying out unit testing.
- Developing and executing unit, system integration, acceptance test plans and producing test results for review.
- Creating implementation documentation, plans and operational instructions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new and modified applications and procedures according to standards.
- Evaluating interrelationships between applications, modules and databases, and managing impacts effectively.
- Liaising with users to gain an understanding of required changes or modifications to existing applications, or new applications.
- Providing on-call support and problem resolution for applications where needed.
- Seeking assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, methodologies and systems.
- Establishing agreed time estimates for allocated tasks and self-managing delivery accordingly.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required competencies include:
- Established programming languages and methodologies.
- Relevant software and database applications and environments.
- Computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- IT and customer service standards and procedures.
- Current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Systems analysis, programming, databases, testing, implementation, support.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Conceptual thinking ability.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions.
- Accuracy and thoroughness.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge-sharing, training, coaching.
- Customer service delivery.
- Planning, goal setting and time management skills.
- Ability to handle and work under pressure.
- Ability to work as an individual, as well as in a team.
- Organised, methodical and thorough.
- Creative and innovative.
- Customer service oriented.
- Compliant in adhering to standards, procedures and specifications.