ERP Support Specialist – Navision
: East Rand
: R350k – R450k
The ERP support specialist is accountable to document all work for future improvements and
provide on-going support of existing Microsoft Dynamics NAVISION software to ensure
troubleshooting on raised issues and providing solutions, maintaining and supporting custom
developed integrations. In this position the incumbent will be able to test solutions to ensure
they meet desired business needs.
Provide Technical Support:
Is able to to debug errors efficiently and effectively when
required and provide a solution. Configure, develop and deliver MS Dynamics NAVision
software and components in all functional areas, create new and modify existing
customisations and integrations as requested by the business.
Perform Data Conversions
- Address system problems, and craft resolutions.
Act as the Technical liaison to business groups for application support. Is able to understand,
communicate and interpret key user business processes and requirements.
Support Project Management
- Support and drive process change and communication in
line with NAVision best practices. Assist with functional specifications of
customisations and integrations required for NAVision implementations. Work with the
Project Managers, Business Analyst and Consultants to understand the business /
application requirements of the assigned task and take responsibility for delivering
development tasks within agreed budgets and timelines. Creation of technical
documentation for all customisations and integrations.
Develop and coordinate training
- Coordinate and contribute to end-user training
including development of system documentation and training materials. Provide
pre-go-live and post-go-live end user support. Serve as the lead NAVision technical
expert on the development team and take responsibility for the customised unit
programming and overall system functionality.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: B-degree/ BSc/BComm in IT / Information Systems
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 certification(s) in related discipline a plus
Knowledge and Know-how specific to the job
- Professional certification and accreditation strongly recommended or equivalent work
- 2 to 4 years of ERP programming experience and hands on work with full life cycle
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation –including business
- and system requirements, process diagrams, and data flow charts
- Ability to document code customisations and integrations in compliance with
- established standards and practices
- Able to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to handle and resolve conflict
- Any other tasks as reasonably required Candidate Success Criteria and Attributes
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to
achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive
- Adaptable - Anticipating and dealing with a changing environment - anticipating
changes in business, in the economy and within the professional environment.
- Self-control - Remains calm and efficient in conflict or crisis situations, resolves
problems efficiently without causing anxiety to others, reacts positively to major
- Promoting and Achieving Safety - responsibility to ensure that Safety and Security are
seen as imperatives for the Group
- Performance and Responsibility - action to manage all changes or to mitigate the
uncertainties occurring as a result of change to achieve the Group's objectives.
- Decision-making skills: Considers all factors before making a decision, makes quick
decisions when necessary, accepts consequences and risks involved
Working in an office
None - Reports to:
Applications IT Competency Center Manager