Department: Administration / Operations Control Centre
Reporting: Chief Operations Officer
· Operations Manager will Manage programs which will ensure optimum performance in achieving targets and objectives in the areas of asset efficiency and reliability. This includes the development of continuous improvement plans.
· Operations Manager will establish, implement, and maintain excellent working conditions and high levels of housekeeping using the internal reporting systems.
· Operations Manager will provide leadership and direction to direct reports using team concepts and techniques to accomplish departmental targets and objectives.
· OPM will maintain and enforce effective internal controls in order to achieve zero audit finding from the Compliance Department.
· Maintain and improve overall efficiency of company-wide operations.
· Implementation of CEO’s long-term visions and goals through translation into day-to-day operations.
· Link between CEO/directors and business.
· Ensure all administration departments are running efficiently and adhering to documented SOP’s.
· Fully understanding all admin department SOP’s to ensure best efficiencies and productivity is achieved ensuring relevance.
· Designing and implementing new processes where required.
· Evaluation and tracking of department, manager, and agent performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
· Identifying issues within processes and working on solutions to remedy them.
· Working closely with QA to identify break in department protocol.
· To act as a sounding board for identified departments.
· Ensure interdepartmental co-operation and collaboration.
· Ensure interdepartmental communication and dissemination of relevant information.
· To establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
· Identify weaknesses and requirements in specified departments to ensure efficiencies are achieved.
· Oversight, planning and specking of expansion/growth activities.
· Write and submit reports to CEO in all matters of importance.
· Link between administration and sales to ensure back and forth dissemination of information - Working closely with (Sales Control Centre).
· To bridge the gap between sales and administration to ensure efficiencies are achieved with the interest of improving service to our network and clients.
· Align operational activities with cost-cutting endeavours of GM.
· Assist GM in budget allocation.
· To build and maintain dashboards and reporting where necessary.
· Assist with financial modelling and analysis for both operational and commercial purposes where necessary.
· Ensure commercial ventures are in line with operational capabilities and timelines.
· Prioritise and maintain control of projects and project management efforts.
· To promote and maintain effective collaboration amongst senior management and executives.
· To establish, maintain and control operational relationships with third-party providers.
Marketing (Operational integration only)
I.T. (Operational integration only/Sprints)
Working Closely With:
· I.T. department to ensure departmental requirements are relevant, focused and delivered.
· Commercial department where necessary.
· Compliance department and QA where necessary.
· With GM where necessary.
· All unspecified departments where necessary with the express intention of improving department efficiencies and collaboration.
· Operations Manager to focus on task at hand and not HR related issues that will deter him from his focus.
· Operations must be aware of leave within the department and any specific HR issues which may hinder productivity, efficiencies, or operational capability.
· HR related issues to be escalated to HR.
· Managers’ leaves request to go to HR
Qualifications & Requirements
· BCom or Commercial Degree.
· Minimum of 3-5years insurance industry experience.
· Solid experience in managing people.
· A Transparent and honest approach, clear verbal, and written communication skills, assertive, energetic and an ability to execute and to get the job done coupled with a strong sense of urgency.