Chief Information Officer
Location: Linbro, JHB
Salary: Max of R1320k per annum
EE: Open to all
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for driving the IT and Digital strategy for the organisation.
The role has a dual function in guiding and driving the IT strategy implementation across the operating entities for the business.
In addition, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for the following:
- IT strategy for the business.
- Participate in Quarterly Planning for the business, as well as in collaboration with other business units.
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of IT solutions.
- Manage the relationships with vendors and partners.
- Engage with Infrastructure & Operations team to ensure successful implementation of IT solutions.
- Ensure down time managed in accordance with SLA's.
- Manage the service levels of suppliers (internal and external) of applications across business lines.
- Develop solutions in the area of client interaction.
- Provide input to product houses with regards to systems requirement for the segment.
- Ensure alignment with group.
- Application architecture.
- Platform architecture.
- Business architecture.
The Successful Applicant Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate degree in Computer Science, or similar.
- 10 years IT experience, a minimum of 5 years at management level.
- Proven experience in the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle).
- Financial Services experience an advantage.
- Experience in managing an IT team.
- Experience in implementation of industry strength IT platforms/solutions.
- Experience as both a consumer and supplier of IT services an advantage.